Thursday, January 6, 2011

Valentine Wreath


Cute right? You can make one too...it is super easy.


Start with a heart shaped container. You could use a shallow heart box, this one is a serving dish I found at Michael's. It was $5.99 but with my 40% off coupon...it ended up being only $3.60+tax.


You'll also need coffee filters. These are super cheap too. They come in a package of 100 for like $1.50. I used the tan color, but you could also use the white. You'll also need a hot glue gun and any embellishments like lace and crepe paper to add some pizazz.


Start by making your florets out of the coffee filters, you'll need a good amount. I think I ended up using about 75-80. Simply flatten the coffee filter out, put a "glob" of hot glue in the center, fold it in half and then in half again and hold it together until the glue sets a little.


Like so....until you get a big pile....



Then simply start hot gluing them into the base of your heart tray/box until the entire thing is filled with your florets.




I wanted to add a little more to it, so I got some lace from Hobby Lobby, and hot glued it around the outer rim of the tray.


I then took some crepe paper and glued that around it as well. You'll want to kind of crimp as you go so it will give both the lace and the crepe paper a ruffled effect.


If you want to add a little more pizazz you can add some paper flowers. I used cupcake liners, the extra lace and the crepe paper to make mine, add a little pearl button in the center and you have some cute flowers to add to your wreath.

Then you can simply attach some ribbon to the back and hang!
Isn't it delicious!? The best part is it only cost me about $7.00. I just love it....haven't started decorating for Valentine's Day just yet, but I can't wait to put it up!

I've entered this project into Crafting With the Stars....go check it out.



and I have also linked up here!


Photobucket

8 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute! I shared it on my TT&J facebook page and linked to you :)

xox
Jen

Sarah said...

Good idea. I was just thinking I need a new door hanging....

nicole said...

i love that jamie! it's so cute...i may need to do one myself. is there anything you can't do? seriously.

sarahtuckett said...

I want to mention -- you are on talent overload.... The most talented person I know! Seriously, so cute! i LOVE it!!! ( and I love the talented person that made it too!)

Kris-10 said...

It's cuter in person. Love the Christmas pictures! AND I love the pic of Hayden pulling the weights, that's awesome!

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh this is so adorable.
thank you so much for participating in the linking party :)
Maggie

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/fun-ideas-for-valentine-day-2011be.html

Clarissa Emily said...

Your wreath was featured over at Tip Junkie and I instantly knew it was yours! Hooray!

Sassy Kay said...

I love the look of the coffee filters and the cupcake papers together. Frilly and cute!