Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpkin Bread


I have been longing to make this for a while now but have been waiting for it to start feeling like October before I did. It's been over 100 degrees here in Arizona until yesterday. It was a rainy chilly day and it put me in the mood to bake. So.....let's get started.

PUMPKIN BREAD

In a large bowl:

3 1/2 C. unbleached all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon

whisk together until well combined.


In another large bowl combine:

3 C. sugar
1 C. vegetable oil
2/3 C. water
4 eggs
2 C. pumpkin



mix until well incorporated.


Add your wet ingredients to the flour mixture and combine well.



This recipe makes 2 9" loaves so I decided to add chocolate chips to one of the loaves.


Place loaves side by side in a 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then invert and place back on rack to cool at least 1 hour....unless you like it warm like me! :0) Then you can dig into it sooner!



It is super moist and I have to say I love the chocolate chips in there. Really put me in the mood for the season.....finally!!!

2 comments:

CHECKETT- OUT said...

WILL YOU BRING ME SOME!!!!! I absolutely love Pumpkin bread and everything you make is delicioso!!!!

Lori said...

Yummm . . . puts me in the mood to bake too.