Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Denise



Today is my mother-in-law, Denise's birthday. There are so many things that I love about this woman and I look up to her in many ways. I just wanted to take this opportunity to talk about some of her amazing qualities.

First and foremost, I have never met a woman more giving and helpful then Denise. I have not had one Enrichment activity, Scentsy event, business venture, or any other activity that I have been a part of, that Denise has not been right there to help me out with. One phone call to Denise, and she is making calls to her contacts, helping me gather up things that I might need, watch my children if I need it, or just be there to bounce ideas off of. But, she's not just like this with me because I am her daughter-in-law. She's like this with EVERYONE! And she doesn't do it for the recognition or to get something in return. She genuinely wants to help people and do all that she can. I love this quality and wish that I myself could bottle some of that generosity.

Another wonderful trait about Denise is what a wonderful Grandmother she is to my children. Gavin adores her and asks for her regularly. There have been many times that Denise has called up and asked to take Gavin out for a few hours...not necessarily to help me out (although it does give me a nice little break), but just because she wants to spend time with him. I love that she gets down and plays with my kids, spoils them and makes them feel so loved. I am not sure what I am going to do without her here for the next year and half....Gavin will miss her so much.

Denise is THE best mother-in-law any girl could ask for. I receive, although it isn't necessary, many little gifts, decorations for the holidays and invitations to movies and shopping excursions. I enjoy the time we spend together and feel so blessed to have her in my life. The little acts of service and kindness are endless and I appreciate them so much. I am so grateful that I have married into such a wonderful family and especially to have this wonderful woman as my mother-in-law!

Happy Birthday Denise!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Mother-in-Laws are wonderful, aren't they? I don't understand the jokes and rude comments others say about their Mother-in-Laws because I just can't relate. It is nice to have an extra mom to love and be loved by. I hope I can be the kind of Mother-in-Law you have and I've been blessed with.

Sarah said...

I completely agree! She is the best person and friend I could ask for. I am going to miss her so much.

Kris-10 said...

Wonderful tribute to an obviously wonderful lady.

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

I agree she is awesome! You ARE a lucky girl! Happy Birthday Denise!

Pedaling said...

you are right - she is pretty amazing- i feel like a total slug around her because she is so helpful and giving and just goes and goes!!

what a cute picture, too.

i hope she gets her blog up and going soon, too!

oh, and i love your new blog look, very nice.

Rachel Stewart said...

Happy Birthday to Denise! What a great post and tribute to her. I too, have been BLESSED with great in-laws. It is one of my choicest!

diana said...

what a wonderful tribute to your mother-in-law. i think it's fantastic that you have such a good relationship with her!


*yes, i still have wipey cases. you're welcome over anytime to check 'em out, just give me a call!