Thursday, February 21, 2008

F in a Circle





As Gavin walked down the hall, crayon in hand, I knew it wasn't going to be a good thing. I looked at his face, his big ol' grin spread across it and he looks up at me and says, "Mommy, I made F's with circles, come see!" A surge of anger came over me as I followed him into his room and there they were...all over the wall just over his bed, big F's with circles around them. As I looked from the "masterpiece" to my little Gavin with a proud grin on his little face...that moment of anger turned into a moment of love. A love that, despite syrup stained carpet, butter smeared floors and color strieked walls, is unconditional and grows stronger with each and every day! I love you Gavin!!

4 comments:

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

I am laughing out loud! I LOVE IT! What a smart boy. But you need to teach him how to write an A instead of an F. CRACKS ME UP!

Lori said...

Maybe your mom should enlist him to help her grade papers, especially the ones that deserve the lowest grade. This will be easier to clean up than the pancake syrup.

Sarah said...

Good things its a rental. :)

Kris-10 said...

How fun! They are always the proudest of the art work on the walls.