Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Birthday Party


Gavin has been invited to his first "friend" birthday party. This is a big deal around here because if you don't already know this about Gavin...he is a little socially awkward. He is kind of a stick to himself kind of kid. Don't get me wrong, he plays ok with his cousins and stuff and he has gotten better about it, but it has always been a struggle for him to make friends.
Well he got this invitation and it turns out it's for a girl, which was a surprise at first because its a Scooby Doo party. Not that little girls can't like Scooby Doo, I just don't know that many who do.
Anywho, so we have been discussing this little girl trying to figure out what she likes so we can get her a present (if anyone has any thoughts on the matter please let me know...she is turning 6) and Gavin says to me,
Gavin: "Mom, lets just get her flowers, cuz all girls like flowers right?" We train them early around here. "I mean remember when I got you those flowers (part of a mothers day gift) and you gave me a big hug and kiss."
Me: "Is that what you want from this girl, a big hug and kiss?"
Gavin: "Eeew, that's gross mom!"
Me: "Well, then maybe we better think of something else."
Gavin: "Yeah I guess we better!!!"
Gotta love 6 year old boys....AND we are back to square one on this gift thing. Seriously...any thoughts???

5 comments:

Missy said...

This is so cute!!! Get her lots of Girly Stickers, Scooby Doo Stickers, etc. Little Girls LOVE stickers...

Sarah said...

We usually avoid the "pink aisle like the plague, but I heard littlest pet shops are fun.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Any kind of make up/dress up is way fun!! Littlest pet shop is fun or my little pony!

Yay for Gavin!! That is a proud moment for a mama too!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Any kind of make up/dress up is way fun!! Littlest pet shop is fun or my little pony!

Yay for Gavin!! That is a proud moment for a mama too!

tammy said...

That is so cute!!

It was always hard for me to know what buy little girls too since I only have boys, but it was fun to go shopping for them and find something. I'm sure she'll love anything you pick out.